- Attendance of one of our orientations (dates below).
- A minimum of three weeks at camp.
*Please note, unfortunately it is not possible for applicants who are unable to attend an orientation to join the programme, irrespective of previous experience.
Once accepted by ACLE, it is mandatory that you attend one of the orientations. Please refer to the dates below and ensure that you are able to attend one of the courses.
In the unlikely event that after your orientation we consider you to be unsuitable for ACLE Camps, you will not be liable to pay your course fee, and no further commitment will exist on either your part or ACLE’s. We take no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of your travel to Sanremo for the course.
*The Orientation Dates for summer 2018 are as follows:
- June 4th – 9th (limited places available)
- June 11th – 16th
- June 18th – 23rd
- June 25th – 30th
- August 13th – 18th
New trainee tutors who successfully complete the Introduction to TEFL-TP Course (including the minimum of three weeks of practical tutoring experience at camp) will receive their certificate and reference (providing you performed to standard) via email by the end of October.
ACLE’s Teaching English as a Foreign Language through Theatre and Play Course (TEFL-TP) gives trainee tutors an introduction to a wide range of TEFL-TP practices. Trainee tutors who complete the course will receive a certificate that recognises completion of the three components of a tutor’s field experience with ACLE: the Distance Learning Course, the orientation, and at least three weeks of tutoring at ACLE summer camps.
The orientation course consists of the following content areas:
- An introduction to the ACLE philosophy and methodology
- How to create fun, dynamic lessons for Italian children at different levels
- Observed tutoring practice with feedback from teacher-trainers
- Didactic materials, including a manual with lesson plans that correspond to ACLE’s graded activity sheets and a wealth of games and songs.
- Effective communication skills, with emphasis on intonation, speaking speed, body language, and techniques to grade your speech according to the syllabus and the comprehension levels of the students
- Grammar presentations
- Effective drilling techniques
- Error correction techniques
- How to assess students’ oral language skills
- Drama activities and how to put together a final camp show
- Classroom management techniques
- Reflections on what it feels like being a language learner and a language teacher
- Tips for living in and adapting to an Italian environment
In the unlikely event that after orientation we consider you to be unsuitable to tutor at ACLE camps, you will not be liable to pay the course fee, and no further commitment will exist on either your or ACLE’s part. We take no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of travelling to the orientation.