Actors work in groups of four, touring Italian schools and presenting interactive shows, in English, supported by workshops.
There will be 5 groups (4 actors per group) that will cover the ‘main’ repertoire for primary and secondary students, ranging between 5 and 13 years of age.
Typically groups will perform 3 shows and workshops per day, at one or two schools, and then travel afterwards. Each show lasts for 1 hour and is performed by all four actors, to an audience of between 70 to 120 students. The students are then divided into smaller groups for the workshops, which last for 30-45 minutes, depending on the age of the students and the show performed. The workshops are led independently by each actor, usually in a classroom space.
For more information about salary and the general workings of the tour, please see the Job Description page.
All scripts, songs and workshops are already prepared, tried and tested!
The ‘main’ repertoire (still to be confirmed) consists of:
- Three Little Pigs, Peter Pan, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and Puss in Boots.
- A one-hour fairytale show consists of: a storytelling section (where the story and songs are pre-taught), and a performance section (where the actors are the protagonists of the story).
- Each of the fairytale shows are followed by a 30-minute workshop, reinforcing the grammar points covered in the show.
- Fairytale shows are offered to primary school students.
- 10 level-specific sketches written around particular grammar structures and functions.
- A one-hour show usually consists of 3 sketches and small ‘fillers’.
- Normally, shows are followed by a 30 or 45-minute workshop, reinforcing the grammar points covered in the show.
- Sketch shows are offered to the oldest primary school students and all students of secondary school age.
1 musical workshop
- A 90-minute workshop based on a famous musical in which the students are the protagonists and the actors are the facilitators.
- The musical is offered only to secondary school students.